Thursday 23 May 2013

CLIP FROM ALL IS LOST


It's not showing in Official Competition at Cannes, but J.C. Chandor's All Is Lost is nevertheless one of the best-reviewed films to have shown there so far this year. They say never to work at sea, but it both looks and sounds like Chandor and Redford have done a darn good job of it. I'm marvelling at the detail of the photography and the sound mix in this clip. And the last two shots are terrific. If nothing else, though, just a hint of that cerulean sea and I'm so there.

2 comments:

  1. Ron Howard's Rush trailer #3.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-ujuL1mc9To.
    Can go either way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Anthony Dod Mantle's cinematography, so I'm in. And I think this is the right route for Ron Howard. But agreed, this could be disastrous!

      Delete