Wednesday 15 May 2013

STILLS FROM LIV ULLMANN'S MISS JULIE


If Liv Ullmann directed a coffee commercial, I'd probably post updates on it here, so you can imagine how excited I am about this. She's adapted august Strindberg's play to set it in Co. Fermanagh, Northern Ireland (as in, Northern Ireland where I live, yeeeeah bitch), and has cast Jessica Chastain, Colin Farrell and Samantha Morton, and to put it simply, I'm fucking frothing at the mouth, and several other orifices tbh. I sure hope Jessica Chastain nails the Fermanagh accent. She will. She's the motherfucker that found that place. After the cut, a pic of Colin Farrell. Cinematography is by the very talented Russian DP Mikhail Krichman. It's being produced by The Apocalypse Films Company, as one of a series of films on the theme of femme fatales; also in development are a Claire Denis sci-fi (yes plz!) and an Isabel Coixet thriller set in Benidorm, of all places.


No comments:

Post a Comment