Thursday 5 September 2013

WHAT'S ON WEDNESDAY - SEP 6-8


How's about seeing some of these this weekend:


Some other film's not far off winning this year's Golden Lion at the Venice Film Festival, but last year it was Kim Ki Duk's Pieta, which rly only won because the jury felt sorry for it. I could have been as kind as them in my review, but I wasn't. Nevertheless, like all of Kim's films, it's definitely worth a watch, and it's totally different from anything else you'll see in the cinema this weekend. It opens in the UK

THE GREAT BEAUTY

Also opening this Friday in the UK (but not until November in the US) is Paolo Sorrentino's The Great Beauty. It was in this year's Cannes official selection. Critics cooed over its sumptuous imagery, even if they were left feeling a little cold by the film's storyline.


I've just reviewed this. No, it's not all that good, but you could do worse. And it's one of only three films opening in the US this coming weekend, and it's the only one of the three which I've seen. The reason I've seen it? It opened in the UK today (Wednesday... I'm actually writing this on a Thursday, plz don't judge me).

No comments:

Post a Comment