La Internacional Cinefila has chosen Apichatpong Weerasethakul's Cemetery of Splendour as the best film of the year! The Thai director's final film in his homeland has impressed critics the world over, and this is only the latest in an already long list of honours the film has received. Other international arthouse hits populate the seven-strong list, plus George Miller's Mad Max: Fury Road.
1. Cemetery of Splendour (Apichatpong Weerasethakul)
2. The Assassin (Hou Hsiao Hsien)
3. Arabian Nights: Volume 1 - The Restless One / Arabian Nights: Volume 2 - The Desolate One / Arabian Nights: Volume 3 - The Enchanted One (Miguel Gomes)
= Homeland (Iraq Year Zero) (Abbas Fahdel)
5. Right Now, Wrong Then (Hong Sang Soo)
6. Mad Max: Fury Road (George Miller)
= Mountains May Depart (Jia Zhang Ke)