Monday 26 September 2016

LFF 2016 PREVIEW: TAEKWONDO


'Confirms and strengthens the careers of two increasingly mature, prolific directors, captains of their own styles and own significance'
Diego Battle, Otros Cines

I was keen to include cinema not merely representative of diversity, but also diverse in its own diversity, in putting together my screening schedule for LFF next month. A South American film with LGBT+ themes is a perfect fit for fulfilling this agenda, and it is thus that Marco Berger and Martin Farina's Taekwondo made that schedule. Despite being a title of which I had no awareness prior to its announcement on the LFF slate, in meeting the aforementioned standard of contributing toward representing a wide range of films, in making an intriguing proposition in and of itself, and in showing at a time where I had no other arrangements, I was eager to include it on my programme. Popular gay filmmaker Berger teams up with cinematographer and documentary filmmaker Farina for their first collaboration, a sexy, suggestive light drama set on a vacation in Buenos Aires. Hawt!

No comments:

Post a Comment