Friday 11 October 2013

BFI LFF PREVIEW: INSIDE LLEWYN DAVIS


I wasn't entirely sold on seeing the Coen brothers' Inside Llewyn Davis at LFF since I knew it'd be receiving a hefty release in the UK anyway. But then I noticed that such a release would be over three months after LFF has been and gone, so I booked a ticket pronto! I'll have you know this is the most expensive screening I'll attend while in London, and it's also the film that ousted Labour Day from my schedule, and nobody but nobody does that to Kate Winslet round here! Inside Llewyn Davis is a miniscule, obscure curio from a couple of underground filmmakers with no serious awards potential... jk it's a fucking behemoth of the festival circuit and it's gonna win a heap of Oscars, bitch! With a reportedly great soundtrack (albeit one with Mumford & Sons on it, so that's an oxymoron) and typically great performances, the film has bowled over critics at Cannes and New York film festivals and it won the runner-up prize, the Grand Prize, at Cannes from Steven Spielberg's jury. It opens in the US on the 20th of December, and in the UK some time this decade, I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment